You may have already heard that the new look BCA/NCC 2019 came into affect on May 1st, many of the changes are cosmetic but there are a few major changes. See ABCB, HIA or Master Builders for specifics, examples of some of the changes;
- Inclusion of lots more informative diagrams.
- Condensation requirements (Permeable sarking, exhaust fans, cladding cavities, etc).
- 12 month period to transition to new energy efficiency requirements.
- Poly Carbonate roofing is now allowed to some detached verandahs/carports.
- Restrictions on Balcony/Deck Wailing Plates.
- Cladding and flashing clarifications.
VBA ”BAMS” CHANGES
The VBA are currently finalising changes which will take affect JULY 1st. The changes are significant and will particularly affect the behind the scenes work that goes into issuing building permits.
– The VBA will now issue building permit numbers for each job and are allowing themselves up to 5 days from when a building permit is ready to do so.
– Payment of the VBA Levy will be required to be paid individually to the VBA. It’s unclear who will be able to do so at this stage.
– Building Permit fees to be paid upfront.